Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bags, bags and more bags

My husband is terrified of hearing the word "bag". Everytime i mention the word bag, first response is dont tell me u are getting more bags. He thinks i have too many bags for all different purpose (sometimes the same) and gets very frustrated if i asked him to look for something in my bag. Of course men can never find anything in a woman's bag.

Took 2 sewing classes for beginner the past 2 weeks and guess what we made? hehe BAGS

This is my first sewing class project it's a little pouch. Stitches that i learned from making this pouch is bottonhole, sewing button, blind hem stich, overcast. I've learnt a pretty tricky technique on how to fold the fabric to make blind hem stitch. Now i know how to alter the hems. :)


This is a project for my 2nd sewing class it's an evening purse. The lady didnt teach us how to put a lining though :( In this class I learned how to do those embroidery stiches using wing needle (a thick fat one that punches bigger holes) and twin needle (i broke 2 and not too excitied with this needle). Also found out it's much easier to do embroidery or applique with a stabiliser (a piece of paper fibre type of material). And 1 last thing, i know how to sew a zip now with the proper foot woohoo! This leads to making of more bags- Wet bags!








Wet bags
I've made 3 wetbags so far. 2 with zips on the top end and another with zip on the top front.
Now i dont have to worry the kids' bottle leak and wet my whole bag. I put them all in a wetbag

This is how it look from inside. i do a french seam for my wetbags. Some mums told me this prevent wicking. Well we just have to see how well it works.

3 comments:

chanelwong said...

you are great...hey, you can start your business ..I am sure there would be Mummies out there looking for you...I can be your first customer hi hi

KittyCat said...

Hahaha, my Hubby gets worried too when I'm near bag and shoe shops! Nice wetbags...and I agree with Chanel that you're one talented lady :-)

rebeccahuff said...

Where do you get the material for wet bags? Is it PUL? Would that material be ok for making your own "homemade" ziploc type bags? I was looking to make some of those!
GREAT BLOG!