Friday, April 18, 2008

Cloth pads pic

These are some of the more decent one that i've made. I have problem with my machine doing the zigzag stitch. Keep missing some stitches. Anyway, who's gonna see them when u wear them right? :DWill post some pockets at some stage.

I must say, after testing the product myself. I like these homemade cloth pads better than the off the shelf disposable. They are much more absorbant and u can taylor make them to suit yourself. Black stripy one is polyster fabric. Got the material for $3.50 (1m x 1.5m) at big W. They all have 2 layers bamboo fabric. I dont have snap machine so i just use HTH hoop n loop. It's pretty good, doesnt feel bulky or uncomfortable at all. The other 2, I use leftover fabric from making ally's nappies. If u are making nappies, this is a great way of not wasting any material. Pink has windpro as base, top layer is flannelette and bamboo in the middle. Blue one has windpro as base, top layer bamboo valour (so soft against your skin) and again bamboo in the middle.



This is how they look when folded up so u can put it in a little pouch in your handbag.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

unreal... those pads look super functional, great effort.

they are so much more comfy than dispos though aren't they?

welcome to the dark side of cloth padding :)