Sunday, April 20, 2008

Making cloth nappy doesnt have to be expensive

This is to encourage mums who wanted to start making nappies but feel the process is a bit daunting. You gotta start somewhere and first of all go find some old mattress, blanket or pillow cases or even clothes or jumper that you dont wear anymore. If u dont have any ask family members, more often people have lots of junk like that which they hardly use but think it's too nice to throw away.


I've used old cotton t-shirt, flat muslin nappy, towel as booster, they are great as backup when my nice nappies are still damp. They also dry lots faster than bamboo fabric. If u have some wool blanket it's perfect as cover.




All u need to buy when u start is elastic, thread, and valcro. Tools: machine, scissors or cutter, cutting pad (this is a bit expensive u can substitute with lino-rubber floor covering or a thin/filmsy type cutting board).
This is my first nappy. It's currently worn by teddy.


Can u see how happy teddy is in cloth nappy.




1 comment:

KittyCat said...

Hi! First time here at your blog :) Omigod, you're so talented! I dislike sewing (unlike my Mum) so...I'm really impressed with the cloth nappies you've come up with.

Can I know how much you got your sewing machine for? My Mum has an old Pfaff...thought she should go modern now LOL