Sunday, April 13, 2008

My sewing project

I have never sewn anything in my life. The passion for modern cloth nappy has brought me to this interesting yet rewarding hobby. I'd like to thank mums out there who shares their sewing and knitting skill and hope one day i can share something useful to other mums too.


Here are some of my works.

Soaker is from Alice's soaker pattern and i just crochet the ruffles on the legs. The technique of making ruffles on the legs can be found here







Below cherry cover is Malden Mill's windpro. They are thin and waterproof good as night cover.


Front




Back





This is a cotton PUL pocket. It's quite stiff but love the fabric's pattern.




Pink cover below is coral fleece from Spotlight. It's very soft and lush.






My first attempt at sewing a wetbag. Material is Procare. It's thicker than PUL and last more washer. Instead of zip and pull string i thought i'd give valcro HTH a try.



MISC






















4 comments:

Deana E said...

wow..pretty you made all that?? omg i wish I can make that too..who can teach me ah..if u are in kk, i will sure bring sona to ur house..

Janelle said...

if u want to jalan jalan pi Kota Belud, i can show u but my mum's machine very old one. If u got machine i can show u. senang jah tu. i never sew in my life, practise ja balik2 :) u should check out the my favorite links. Nappy network has all the diy instructions.

melliebaby said...

wow! I'm so impressed. If you said you had sewn before, I would have believed you.
The diapers you made are beautiful!
Will you be making any to sell?

Janelle said...

i dont think my sewing skill is good enough to sell. some days i sew pretty good, some days i curse the machine more than i sew LOL!